Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vacation

Many people think that everyday is a vacation for me. Most of the time, they are right! After all, I have complete freedom of what I do, when I do it, and how it is done. If I want to go to a movie in the middle of the day, I can. If I want to watch TV, there is no one to tell me I can't or that it is an inappropriate use of my time. I go to the water park on a whim and can spend the day in my pajamas if I chose. There are relatively few rules and the ones that exist are driven by primal needs such as hunger. And its rewarding! I've never had better fringe benefits or more flexibility.

Sounds great doesn't it! There are only two cons. I work long days. Very long days. The pay? Non-existent. So sure.... its not the perfect job, but I couldn't imagine doing anything else at this point in my life.

Tell me then, why was my first thought, "Yes, please!" when I read the prompt?

*** Daily Writing Practice ***

1 comment:

  1. The rewards and exhausting life of motherhood. Seemed some what easier when you worked right?

    ReplyDelete