Saturday, June 19, 2010

Farewell

"Farewell," I whispered with a sadness that sent a chill through my wife's warm body. I turned and began walking toward the gate, a joy wrapping itself quietly around me with each step. I knew I should turn back, reach for her, grasp at the quickly fading light, anything to indicate I was fighting for my life; it was expected of me. Instead, I moved ahead with only slightly less than reckless abandon as those old pearl gates swung open and I heard the choir sing.

*** Daily Writing Practice ***

2 comments:

  1. This is so sad extra sad today since My friend's Dad just died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Vicki. As you mentioned in one of your pieces, that time has come. Parents and friends starting to argue, fight, and occasionally loose to the Grim Reaper.

    ReplyDelete