1. I would pay off my house, cars, and credit card bills. My husband thinks I am nuts, but I think no debt is the way to go. (Let's say that comes to $170)
2. I would take my family to Mexico for the summer. I would love to buy a condo in a safe neighborhood over looking the ocean, but would settle for renting one instead. There are many beautiful ones available. (I have no idea how much that would cost. Say $10 just to be extravagant?)
3. I would take my friend to LA so we could go to the Craig Ferguson show and watch our favorite person get his star on the walkway. (Hmmmm.... maybe another $2 for the weekend and $5 if we stay a week?)
4. I would take this same friend to Italy or Rome, maybe both, to see U2 from the front row. ($15 seems reasonable.)
5. I would build a second home on a sandy beach by a large body of water (preferably an ocean). ($No idea!)
6. I would give great Christmas gifts to family. I think the maximum gift you can give without the receiver having to pay taxes on it is $20.
7. I would give money to a group researching ways to make schools better without increasing their current budgets. I just want others to see that pouring more money in isn't the best answer. We've been doing that for years and it hasn't helped. Something more innovative needs to be done.
8. I would donate to scholarship programs to help kids go to college who otherwise would not be able to do so.
9. I would put the rest in the bank.
10. Oh... I would also replace the dishwasher, dryer, and have the couch repaired. Not exciting, but they all need to be taken care of.
*** Jeannie's Happy World ***