Friday, April 16, 2010

Vacation: Sangria, lost, monkey, book

We were on our first family vacation in four years. It was paradise! My husband had gone to swim laps in the pool while the kids napped. I happily stayed on the balcony just outside the room sipping a Sangria while reading a book. I hadn't been able to sit and just read in a long time. I hoped that the excessive sun, fresh air, and running on the beach had wiped my monkeys out so they would sleep for a very long time. I smiled, remembering how one of the locals had looked at me with alarm when I addressed my children as Monkey 1 and Monkey 2. I settled back into my book after the memory passed and lost track of time.


*** Seven Days, Seven Answers ***

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhh so relaxing... the feeling of relaxation oozes from this.

    ReplyDelete