Friday, October 1, 2010

Interview

I stared into the flickering flame of the electric candle and watched the small light bounce off the fabric of the fake pink rose next to it. 'How did I get talked into this?' I wondered. I hated interviewing! Reaching up, I smoothed back a lock of hair that had fallen from my ponytail holder and smiled sarcastically at my friend down the way.

He sat down across from me. The table separating us was narrow and he kicked my leg while trying to settle himself. His apology was quick, but I found myself drawn in by the quicker blushing of his young face. His smooth skin, dark hair and deep eyes. His clean hands and prominent chest muscles.

Picking up the small clipboard, I checked the box "will see again" next to the name that matched his badge. Maybe speed dating wouldn't be so bad.

*** One Minute Writer ***

3 comments:

  1. I like this one. Made me think of a couple of single friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a curiosity to try it. Except, of course, that I am married and that may come off as pretty..... well, you can fill in the blank.

    ReplyDelete