Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cake

"It'a  piece of cake, " she assured me. "Just sign here and initial below it and we'll get the process started." Sliding the papers across the smooth surface of her desk, her lips curved up in anticipation.
Doubt shaded my face. I had come in to ask a few questions. I wasn't prepared to make a comittment and certainly not one this monumentous. Yet, I didn't know if I could walk away from a deal of a lifetime.

I tapped the pen on the edge of the desk. I had to make a decision and I had to make it quickly. My mind raced and the letters on the paper danced in front of me.

With a deep breath, I lifted the pen and signed my name and initials with a flourish. "It's done." I said flatly. "My soul in exchange for a world filled with compassion for as long as it exists."

*** One Minute Writer ***

1 comment: