Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Belt: Friday Fiction

I pushed aside the underwear and socks hoping to find it mixed in. It wasn’t there. I glanced around the room wondering where else he could have left it. I knew I didn’t have much time, but the belt was an absolute necessity. I couldn’t leave without it. I bit my lower lip and decided to look in the closet. I found one, buried in the pile of dirty clothes on the floor. If it wasn’t the same one he had worn on my 16th birthday, it looked exactly the same and it would have to work.

Grabbing it from the pile, I ran out of the room and carefully slipped it around him. Pulling it snug, I tucked the unattached end through the loop and sat down to wait. It seemed like an eternity, but he finally turned his head and looked at me. Confusion clouded his face.

I moved closer, wanting to get the moment exactly right. “Are you ready?” I asked with my face only inches from his.

He tried to shrug away, but stopped when he felt the tension close around his neck. Panic spread across his face. Goosebumps rose on his limbs, sweat beaded on his bare chest, and he stuttered out a desperate plea. “P-p-please. Don’t.”

I smiled at him. “That sounds like a yes to me.” Stepping back, I pulled on the free end of the belt, forcing him to rise up on his toes to keep it from strangling him. 

I approached him again. His face was red as he gasped for air. Tears streamed down his face. “Shhh, shhh, shhh. It will all be over soon.” I checked to make sure the loop was secured to the ceiling, that it could support more of his weight. Then I pulled the belt two more holes and hooked it together.

Standing in front of him, I watched him slowly die.


*** One Minute Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment