Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Accountant

A black pencil skirt hugged her waist and creased the bodice of her white blouse as she walked to the desk. As she sat down, a simple silver chain dangled in front of the tan curves that peeked out from just above the next button. In an effort to divert my eyes, I followed the edge of her blouse, counting each button that was left undone: 3. Then came her well defined collar bone, the softness of the lines on her neck, and her beautiful oval face with eyes so deep in color I couldn't help but assume she wore colored contacts. I noted that she wore her hair swept up in what I can only call a sophisticated mess. I wondered how long it had taken her to make it look like that. No matter. She was a vision and I wasn't concerned with the logistics of her striking beauty. Her income level and social life, on the other hand, would be important to the overall scam.


"Mrs. Tainer, I understand you need someone to look over your business forms. Is that correct?" I said.


She blushed and fiddled with her left ring finger. "It's not Misses. And please, call me Laura." 


I smiled. This was going to be like taking candy from a baby.


*** Daily Writing Practice ***

No comments:

Post a Comment